There’s a little-known risk to small children.

Coin lithium button batteries can cause
severe injuries when swallowed.

Electronic devices are a part of daily life. And they’re getting smaller, slimmer and sleeker. But inside the battery compartment of mini remote controls, small calculators, watches, remote keyless entry, flameless candles, singing greeting cards and other electronics, may be a very powerful coin-sized button battery. When swallowed, these batteries can get stuck in the throat and cause severe burns. Small children often have easy access to these devices, and many parents do not know there is a risk.

Preventing Injuries. Protecting Families.

The Battery Controlled is a partnership to raise awareness about the severity of this issue and share information with parents, caregivers and the medical community. Launched in Australia by Energizer, Kidsafe and the ACCC (Australian Competition & Consumer Commission), this effort is committed to helping parents prevent children from swallowing coin-sized button batteries.

Is your organisation interested in joining The Battery Controlled as a partner?
Learn more and join our cause.

  • Take Charge Act Now
  • 1. Keep Out of Reach
  • 2. Get Help Fast
  • 3. Tell Others
  • View Devices
  • X-ray of Battery in a throat